- The Order List Page
- Creating a New Order
- Editing an Existing Order
- Changing Order Statuses
- Printing Invoices and Packing Slips
- Requesting Payment from Customer
- Changing the Order Grid Columns
Managing orders is one of the most important parts of running an eCommerce business. In this article, we'll cover the basics of order management in Spark Pay Online Stores. For more in depth information or articles on specific topics, see the Order Management Section of the Knowledge Base.
The Order List Page
The first step to managing orders in Spark Pay is to login to the dashboard, then navigate to Orders > Orders. This will bring you to the Order List page:
There are several features to familiarize yourself with on the order list page. These features are numbered in the screenshot above.
- Search Options: Advanced search options for filtering the grid based on lots criteria. For example order balance, order status, and customer name.
- More Actions Drop-Down: Lots of order actions can be performer her. For example printing invoices and changing order statuses
- Search Bar: Use the search bar to search for an Order by ID.
- Active Layout Drop-Down: Click here to edit which columns are visible in the order grid
- Export Grid Drop-Down: The current layout grid can be exported to a CSV or XLS file here.
- Action Icons: From left to right: Magnifying Glass (View Order), Pointer (Edit Order), Waste Bin (Delete Order)
Creating a New Order
New orders can be created on the Order List Page by clicking New:
Clicking New will open a new Order Edit Screen. Once there, fill out the order information and click Save:
Editing an Existing Order
Existing Orders can be edited by clicking the Edit Icon under the Actions Column:
Changing Order Statuses
Order statuses can be changed for multiple orders at once. To do so:
- Check box next to the order in the Order Grid, then
- Click More Actions > Change Order Status > [Status]
Printing Invoices and Packing Slips
Invoices and packing slips for multiple orders can be printed at once. To do so:
- Check the box next to the desired orders, then
- Click More Actions > Print > [Invoice or Packing Slip]
Requesting Payment from Customer
If an order is entered by an admin on the order edit screen, how can payment be securely requested from the customer? With a Payment Link. Payment links link a customer to the checkout page with all the order details filled in. All they have to do is input their payment information. To generate a payment link, edit an order, then
- Click More Actions, then
- Click Generate Payment Link
- The Payment Link will be displayed at the top of the Order Edit Screen.
For more information on generating payment links, see: Generating a Payment Link
Editing the Order Grid Columns
The Order Grid on the Order List Page can be edited to add or remove columns. To do so:
- Click Active Layout, then
- Click Edit Current Layout
- Select order Deselect the desired columns
- Click Apply