- Step 1: Enable PayPal Express Checkout
- Step 2: Enable Third-Party Permissions in PayPal
- Step 3: Sign-up for a PayPal Account
PayPal Express Checkout is popular alternative to using a traditional credit card payment gateway. Enabling PayPal Express will allow you to accept credit cards whether you accept PayPal or not. It acts like a gateway to help get you paid. Once enabled, customer's will be able to chose PayPal Express Checkout as a payment option on the checkout page. When they click Place Order, they'll be redirected to PayPal's secure checkout form to complete the transaction. There, they can pay with a credit card or their PayPal account (if you chose to enable that option). Once finished, the customer will be redirected back to the Online Store to view the order confirmation page.
Step 1: Enable PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal Express Checkout is very easily enabled in Online Store Apps & Addons:
- Navigate to Tools > Apps & Addons > PayPal Express Checkout
- Check Enable PayPal Express Checkout
- In the PayPal Email Address field, enter an email address where you receive your PayPal payments ( If you do not already have a PayPal account, you can create one after you have received an order.)
- Click Save
Step 2: Enable Third-Party Permissions in PayPal
In order for order statuses to be changed automatically when a payment is processed through PayPal Express Checkout, Third-Party API permissions must be enabled in PayPal. For more information on enabling third party permissions, see Enabling Third Party Permissions for PayPal Express Checkout.
Step 3: Sign-up for a PayPal Account
If you don't already have a PayPal account for accepting payments, sign up for one at PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/express-checkout. You can start taking payments using PayPal Express Checkout before signing up for an account. If you do so, be sure to signup using the email address set in Tools > Apps & Addons > PayPal Express Checkout. Once you signup, the transactions will available for processing in your new PayPal account.