- Step 1: Confirm You Have Valid Payments Account
- Step 2: Generate Connection Ticket
- Step 3: Setup QuickBooks Payment Gateway in Spark Pay
- Troubleshooting Steps
- More Information
This article is a step-by-step walk-through on setting up the Intuit QuickBooks Payment Gateway. A payment gateway allows your online store to connect to your merchant bank account. It acts as a “virtual terminal,” as apposed to a card-swipe terminal. For more information on payment gateways and merchant accounts, see: How to Accept Credit Cards.
Step 1: Confirm You Have Valid Payments Account
To get started you'll need an Intuit Payment Solutions account which can be obtained by visiting http://payments.intuit.com. This will allow you to accept credit cards on your Spark Pay online store.
Note: Only one payments account connection can made to an individual shopping cart/web-store. Multiple payments accounts are required for multiple shopping cart/web-store connections.
Confirm that you have a valid payments account:
- Sign into online service center using your payments account user ID and password.
- Select the blue Account tab, and click Processing Information from the drop-down menu.
- Call Quick Books support and request the eCommerce payments be enabled. QB phone number is 800-558-9558.
- If any changes were made on this page, click Submit Changes.
Step 2: Generate Connection Ticket
Note: When generating the connection ticket, you will be asked for your website's URL. This is the secure https:// version of your site. A good idea is to use the same URL that is displayed in the address bar when signed into the admin dashboard of your Spark Pay Site. If you're using remote carting, or are a recently converted AmeriCart client, your cart URL will look similar to: https://s1234.mysparkpay.com or https://store12345.mysparkpay.com.
- Navigate to this web address: https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=209237425&sessionEnabled=false
- Log in with your payments account user ID information.
- If you arrive at a Companies page, click on the payments account for the company you would like to use:
- Choose to Create a New Connection Ticket:
- You should be asked for your Website URL. This is the secure https:// version of your site. A good idea is to use the same URL that is displayed in the address bar when signed into the admin dashboard of your SparkPay Site. IMPORTANT: QB will default to http:// this needs to be changed to https://:
- You will arrive at a Congratulations! page. This page displays your Connection Ticket. Take note of this information for future reference.
NOTE: Once you have copied down the connection ticket, YOU MUST SIGN OUT OF THIS PAGE. This ensures the connection ticket is activated:
Step 3: Setup QuickBooks Payment Gateway in Spark Pay
- Login to your Spark Pay admin console. For more information on logging in, see: How to Log In.
- Navigate to Settings > Payments and Taxes > Payment Gateways
- Click New:
On the Add Payment Gateway screen:
- Select Quickbooks Merchant Services from the Add Payment Processor drop-down
- Click Add:
When the page reloads:
- Select your store in the Store drop-down
- Leave APP ID unchanged unless instructed otherwise
- Paste connection ticket into connection ticket field
- Click Save
- Test the payment gateway and make sure you get a transaction ID under Test Details: