- Purchasing a Dedicated SSL
- Shared (free) SSL
- Dedicated SSL Installation
- Soon to Expire SSL
- Difference Between DV, OV, and EV SSLs
- Getting Help
Purchasing a Dedicated SSL
SSLs can be purchased here. Have your own SSL Certificate and want to have it applied to your Spark Pay site? Choose the 3rd party SSL Certificate Installation service. We will then guide you thru the process to have your certificate issued for use with your site. Note: After July 2018, all SSLs must use SHA2 and TLS1.2. Also be advised that 3rd Party installs start with re-keying the SSL. Once the 3rd Party SSL has been re-keyed, and an installation purchased, the installation process can proceed.
Shared (free) SSL
By default, Spark Pay is installed using our Shared SSL certificate. This is a free service we offer to make sure your site is secure from the beginning. The downside to this is when a customer visits a secure link during checkout, they will be transferred seamlessly to "yourstorename.mysparkpay.com", and back again once they leave the secured area. Also you cannot use a Secure Site Seal with this method. When people click on the SSL logo on their browser, they will see Spark Pay as the company owning the certificate. There is nothing additional that you need to do to configure this option, we maintain the SSL.
Dedicated SSL Installation
Once you've placed an order for and SSL or 3rd Party SSL Installation here, a member our IT operations or Site Support team will reach out to you via support ticket (email) as soon as possible. You may be asked to complete additional steps (for example domain validation) before the SSL can be installed - be sure to look for these communications.
Soon to Expire SSL
If you're SSL is expiring soon, place an order for a new one here. Once your order is placed, our IT team will respond to you via support ticket (email) as soon as possible.
PRO-TIP: There are many tools only that you can use to check the expiration date of your SSL, for example: https://www.sslchecker.com/sslchecker.
Difference Between DV, OV, and EV SSLs
- DV - Domain validated SSL Certificates provide basic level of security as the Certificate Authority verifies domain ownership.
- OV - Organization validated SSL Certificates provide a stronger level of security because the Certificate Authority verifies domain ownership plus includes authentication of the organization behind the domain.
- EV - Extended validated SSL Certificates provide an even stronger level of security because the Certificate Authority verifies domain ownership and requires a more extensive verification of the organization behind the domain.
All SSL certificates we sell utilize the same 2048 bit key length industry standard. Check with the individual Certificate Authority for detailed information on each certificate listed.
If you have any questions about the SSL Installation process, feel free to submit a support ticket (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call at 1-800-936-9006, Option 3.